Below is a list of the top 10 Agricultural and Biological Sciences journals with the highest impact factor assessed in 2020. Impact factor is based on the total citations out of the total citable publications. As we have discussed in “what is a good impact factor?”, impact factor is NOT the be-all and end-all; it’s not the ONLY journal influence indicator out there. However, even with the inventions such as H-index and SJR score, impact factor is still widely adopted and referenced by leading research institutes and researchers world-wide. So, let’s treat this listing as a starter and go deeper. With that in mind, let’s take a look at the Top 10 Journal by Impact Factors in 2020.
- Ecology Letters (impact factor: 28.888)
- Annual Review of Plant Biology (impact factor: 18.939)
- Conservation Letters (impact factor: 16.406)
- Fungal Diversity (impact factor: 15.085)
- Molecular Biology and Evolution (impact factor: 14.679)
- Annual Review of Pathology: Mechanisms of Disease (impact factor: 13.814)
- Trends in Ecology and Evolution (impact factor: 13.732)
- Physics of Life Reviews (impact factor: 12.667)
- Genome Biology (impact factor: 12.163)
- Annual Review of Entomology (impact factor: 11.560)
Our Science Editor is passionate about making researchers become more successful and making science more accessible to the general public.
Previously he worked as a researcher in the financial industry. He went to a leading graduate school in the UK.