Below is a list of the top 10 journals in the research category of Earth and Planetary Sciences. The list is produced by ranking the highest impact factor assessed in 2020. Impact factor is based on the total citations out of the total citable publications. As we have discussed in “what is a good impact factor?”, impact factor is NOT the be-all and end-all; it’s not the ONLY journal influence indicator out there. However, even with the inventions such as H-index and SJR score, impact factor is still widely adopted and referenced by leading research institutes and researchers world-wide. So, let’s treat this listing as a starter and go deeper. With that in mind, let’s take a look at the Top 10 Journal by Impact Factors in 2020.https://71c4d12ead6482380e24a1c6fbba3a53.safeframe.googlesyndication.com/safeframe/1-0-38/html/container.html
- ” Annual Review of Astronomy and Astrophysics (Impact Factor: 30.69)”
- ” Reviews of Geophysics (Impact Factor: 17.275)”
- ” Living Reviews in Solar Physics (Impact Factor: 16)”
- ” Annual Review of Marine Science (Impact Factor: 15.475)”
- ” Nature Geoscience (Impact Factor: 12.21)”
- ” Astronomy and Astrophysics Review (Impact Factor: 10.5)”
- ” Earth System Science Data (Impact Factor: 9.99)”
- ” Earth-Science Reviews (Impact Factor: 9.63)”
- ” Annual Review of Earth and Planetary Sciences (Impact Factor: 9.423)”
- ” Reviews in Mineralogy and Geochemistry (Impact Factor: 9.1)
Our Science Editor is passionate about making researchers become more successful and making science more accessible to the general public.
Previously he worked as a researcher in the financial industry. He went to a leading graduate school in the UK.