Below is a list of the top 10 journals in the research category of Immunology and Microbiology. The list is produced by ranking the highest impact factor assessed in 2020. Impact factor is based on the total citations out of the total citable publications. As we have discussed in “what is a good impact factor?”, impact factor is NOT the be-all and end-all; it’s not the ONLY journal influence indicator out there. However, even with the inventions such as H-index and SJR score, impact factor is still widely adopted and referenced by leading research institutes and researchers world-wide. So, let’s treat this listing as a starter and go deeper. With that in mind, let’s take a look:
- ” Nature Reviews Immunology (Impact Factor: 41.649)”
- ” Nature Reviews Microbiology (Impact Factor: 31.382)”
- ” Annual Review of Immunology (Impact Factor: 20.762)”
- ” Nature Immunology (Impact Factor: 18.498)”
- ” Clinical Microbiology Reviews (Impact Factor: 18.129)”
- ” Immunity (Impact Factor: 14.637)”
- ” The Lancet HIV (Impact Factor: 13.414)”
- ” Current Topics in Microbiology and Immunology (Impact Factor: 12.511)”
- ” Immunological Reviews (Impact Factor: 10.849)”
- ” Trends in Immunology (Impact Factor: 10.653)”
Our Science Editor is passionate about making researchers become more successful and making science more accessible to the general public.
Previously he worked as a researcher in the financial industry. He went to a leading graduate school in the UK.