Below is a list of the top 10 Material journals with the highest impact factor assessed in 2020. Impact factor is based on the total citations out of the total citable publications. As we have discussed in “what is a good impact factor?”, impact factor is NOT the be-all and end-all; it’s not the ONLY journal influence indicator out there. However, even with the inventions such as H-index and SJR score, impact factor is still widely adopted and referenced by leading research institutes and researchers world-wide. So, let’s treat this listing as a starter and go deeper. With that in mind, let’s take a look at the Top 10 Journal by Impact Factors in 2020.
- ” Nature Photonics (Impact Factor: 25.862)”
- ” Progress in Materials Science (Impact Factor: 24.56)”
- ” Annual Review of Materials Research (Impact Factor: 16.821)”
- ” Annual Review of Condensed Matter Physics (Impact Factor: 15.647)”
- ” Surface Science Reports (Impact Factor: 14.882)”
- ” Light: Science and Applications (Impact Factor: 14.523)”
- ” Optica (Impact Factor: 13.941)”
- “Laser and Photonics Reviews (Impact Factor: 9.628)”
- ” Progress in Surface Science (Impact Factor: 9.048)”
- ” Current Opinion in Solid State and Materials Science (Impact Factor: 8.701)”
Our Science Editor is passionate about making researchers become more successful and making science more accessible to the general public.
Previously he worked as a researcher in the financial industry. He went to a leading graduate school in the UK.