Below is a list of the top 10 Neuroscience journals with the highest impact factor assessed in 2020. Impact factor is based on the total citations out of the total citable publications. As we have discussed in “what is a good impact factor?”, impact factor is NOT the be-all and end-all; it’s not the ONLY journal influence indicator out there. However, even with the inventions such as H-index and SJR score, impact factor is still widely adopted and referenced by leading research institutes and researchers world-wide. So, let’s treat this listing as a starter and go deeper.
With that in mind, let’s take a look:
- ” Progress in Brain Research Impact Factor: 55.667″
- ” Nature Reviews Neuroscience Impact Factor: 32.235″
- ” Nature Neuroscience Impact Factor: 17.805″
- ” Trends in Cognitive Sciences Impact Factor: 12.842″
- ” Annual Review of Neuroscience Impact Factor: 12.022″
- ” Biological Psychiatry Impact Factor: 11.472″
- ” Neuron Impact Factor: 11.181″
- ” Progress in Neurobiology Impact Factor: 10.643″
- ” Trends in Neurosciences Impact Factor: 10.483″
- ” Neuroscience and Biobehavioral Reviews Impact Factor: 8.461″
Our Science Editor is passionate about making researchers become more successful and making science more accessible to the general public.
Previously he worked as a researcher in the financial industry. He went to a leading graduate school in the UK.