Below is a list of the top 10 Physics and Astronomy journals with the highest impact factor assessed in 2020. Impact factor is based on the total citations out of the total citable publications. As we have discussed in “what is a good impact factor?”, impact factor is NOT the be-all and end-all; it’s not the ONLY journal influence indicator out there. However, even with the inventions such as H-index and SJR score, impact factor is still widely adopted and referenced by leading research institutes and researchers world-wide. So, let’s treat this listing as a starter and go deeper. With that in mind, let’s take a look at the Top 10 Journal by Impact Factors in 2020.
- ” Reviews of Modern Physics Impact Factor: 37.78″
- ” Physics Reports Impact Factor: 27.991″
- ” Advances in Physics Impact Factor: 24.545″
- ” Living Reviews in Relativity Impact Factor: 24.2″
- ” Nature Physics Impact Factor: 16.439″
- ” Annual Review of Fluid Mechanics Impact Factor: 13.5″
- ” Physical Review X Impact Factor: 12.086″
- ” Applied Physics Reviews Impact Factor: 11.448″
- ” Progress in Particle and Nuclear Physics Impact Factor: 11.055″
- ” Topics in Applied Physics Impact Factor: 9.75″
Our Science Editor is passionate about making researchers become more successful and making science more accessible to the general public.
Previously he worked as a researcher in the financial industry. He went to a leading graduate school in the UK.