Below is a list of the top 10 Social Sciences journals with the highest impact factor assessed in 2020. Impact factor is based on the total citations out of the total citable publications. As we have discussed in “what is a good impact factor?”, impact factor is NOT the be-all and end-all; it’s not the ONLY journal influence indicator out there. However, even with the inventions such as H-index and SJR score, impact factor is still widely adopted and referenced by leading research institutes and researchers world-wide. So, let’s treat this listing as a starter and go deeper. With that in mind, let’s take a look at the Top 10 Journal by Impact Factors in 2020.
- ” Review of Educational Research Impact Factor: 11.864″
- ” Transport Reviews Impact Factor: 8.057″
- ” Progress in Human Geography Impact Factor: 7.539″
- ” Educational Research Review Impact Factor: 7.188″
- ” Government Information Quarterly Impact Factor: 6.426″
- ” Journal of Democracy Impact Factor: 6.113″
- ” American Sociological Review Impact Factor: 6.052″
- ” New Media and Society Impact Factor: 5.745″
- ” International Security Impact Factor: 5.641″
- ” Annual Review of Sociology Impact Factor: 5.604″
Our Science Editor is passionate about making researchers become more successful and making science more accessible to the general public.
Previously he worked as a researcher in the financial industry. He went to a leading graduate school in the UK.